This is an in-house course for participants who have pre-registered a course place with course organiser - Cliff Smith.
Payment can be made by card on this booking system or by providing your full oracle ledger code to Bangholm Outdoor Centre via https://forms.office.com/r/ZNmv1PnKwG . If providing oracle code you only need to complete the MSForm to confirm your booking, you do not need to book on via this online payment system.
A 16 hour, practical, scenario based course designed as an introduction to first aid in an outdoor or remote environment. The course is very practical and the Trainer uses a mixture of outdoor scenarios to simulate injuries found in a variety of outdoor incidents. During these scenarios, you experience being a first responder and a casualty giving a more rounded learning experience.
Subjects relevant to your individual need can be added on request.
The content will include:
- Aims and Principles of First Aid, Safety, Infection Avoidance
- Incident Management, Assessing and Managing Your Casualty in The Outdoors
- Unresponsive Casualties, Basic Life Support and CPR, Recovery Position, Seizures, Choking, Drowning
- External Bleeding, Shock, Minor Injuries (Geared Towards a Remote Environment)
- Injuries to Bones, Muscles and Joints (Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains And Strains)
- Head and Spinal Injuries, Chest Injuries
- Tick Borne Infection
- Medical Emergencies (Heart Attack, AED – Defibrillator Training, Stroke, Epilepsy, Asthma, Diabetes)
- Cold Injuries Including Hypothermia - Other Outdoor Environmental Hazards, Hyperthermia
- First Aid Kits