The aim of the course is to take candidates with UK Artificial ski or snowboard instructor awards (or foreign equivalent) and train and equip them with the necessary skills to be licensed and insured to work at the Scottish mountain ski resorts.
The award is open to candidates at both Foundation and Level 2 Instructor and is non-discipline specific.
The UKSS Mountain Induction is designed specifically for candidates wishing to take their Artificial Slope award and teach in the Scottish Mountains.
These courses are run on snow at the specific resort that you will be working at. All courses are run in conjunction with an operating Snow School/Training Centre By accredited UKSS Tutors. This award is not discipline specific.
In order to attend this course you must have the following:
- Current membership of NGB Coaching Scheme
- Hold a current Foundation or Level 2 Instructor Award.
- Show the Technical and Teaching requirements of your current award on snow in a mountain environment.
The course will be based at Lagganlia Centre and will use Cairngorm Mountain or The Lecht ski areas to deliver the course. After the course, the following is required to be fully accredited:
- Have completed > 30hrs logged instructor work in a ski school
- Have completed and had signed off (by an approved ski school manager or club head coach) the Mountain Induction post-course tasks
- Transport on course if needed.
- Course materials and logbooks.
What’s not included:
- Ski area pass (This price may vary depending on conditions)