Book here for the UKSS L1 Foundation Instructor (Board) Training Course.
As a licensed Foundation Snowboard instructor, you can work year-round at one of the many UK artificial slopes, teaching beginners and early intermediates up to basic turns. With an added 1 day Mountain Induction training you can also work in designated beginner areas in the Scottish mountain resorts. Full details can be found here:
The UKSS Snowboard Foundation Instructor Qualification is designed to be run on Artificial Slopes. The course will fulfil the two day training course part of the process. On completion of the training each candidate will be issued a logbook and Personal development plan. The Candidate will then consolidate their learning by completing log book tasks and shadowing hours under a mentoring process. Once complete they may then apply for assessment.
The Prerequisites for this course are:
- Current membership of NGB coaching scheme. You can register by finding your way to the Coaches, Leaders and Instructors Section of the following page: https://snowsportscotland.org/join-us/
- Pre-course tasks and exercises.
- Have the pre-requisite technical riding ability.
If conditions allow we may deliver some parts of the UKSS courses on snow where appropriate.
£220. Course Fee including use of Slope
£245. Above with accommodation on night of 8/02/2020
£270. Above with accommodation on nights of 7th and 8/02/2020
- *Accommodation (if needed please select correct product)
- Artificial Slope use
- Transport on course if needed.
- Course materials and logbooks.
What’s Not included:
- Ski area pass (if on real snow)
*Accommodation (if required) can be booked for the Friday and Saturday night or just the Saturday night only at £25 per night on a self-catering basis. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.