This is a one day assessment for L1 UKSS Foundation Instructor (Board).
As a licensed Foundation ski or snowboard instructor, you can work year-round at one of the many UK artificial slopes, teaching beginners and early intermediates up to parallel. With an added 1 day Mountain Induction training you can also work in designated beginner areas in the Scottish mountain resorts. Full details and prerequisites can be found here:
We have a perfect dry slope facility to deliver consistent courses all year round, and we are a stone’s throw from Cairngorm Mountain Resort where we deliver courses on snow when conditions allow.
All Courses are delivered by appointed UKSS Tutors. No accommodation is available for this one day course.
£110. Course Fee including use of Slope
This is the one day technical and lesson delivery assessment for the UKSS Foundation Instructor (Board).
In order to attend this course you must have the following:
- Current membership of NGB Coaching Scheme
- Evidencing completion of designated tasks, shadowing and min 20hrs supervised delivery, verified by ski school manager or head coach & approved by NGB
The course will be based at Lagganlia Centre and will use the onsite dry slope. If conditions allow we will deliver some parts of the UKSS courses on snow where appropriate.
- Artificial Slope use
- Transport on course if needed.
- Course materials and logbooks.
What’s not included:
- Ski area pass (if on real snow)