The Expedition Supervisor training course covers
- Understanding the role of the Expedition Supervisor, Assessor and other adults involved in the delivery of the Expedition section
- Understanding the process of remote supervision
- Understanding the importance of emergency procedures
- Understanding the duty of care held by the Supervisor.
The course is not accredited as each Licensed Organisation (LO)/Approved Activity Provider (AAP) is responsible for accrediting their own Supervisors and this will be dependent on local requirements.
A Supervisor must have a good level of knowledge in three areas
- DofE knowledge; including a full understanding of the requirements of the Expedition section and the importance of remote supervision
- Technical skills; including skills in the method of travel, navigation, camp craft and first aid
- People skills; including the ability to work well with both young people and other adults in a supportive manner.
This training course only covers the first of these areas
Licensed Organisations/AAPs will need to ensure that potential Expedition Supervisors have the other appropriate skills.
Wednesdays 6 & 13 March 2019
You must attend both sessions.
The Risk Factory, 20 New Mart Road, Edinburgh EH14 1RL
FREE for local DofE volunteers and £50 for others